How to Use Microdermabrasion Machine Easily at Home
Disclaimer: At Pearls And Poodles Blog, our editorial team carefully selects the best products for all your needs. If you make a purchase through links at our blog, we may receive a commission that helps us keep bringing new content like this to you!
Are you the one who is looking for a new way to exfoliate your skin?
Microdermabrasion is an effective, non-invasive treatment that can be used on all skin types. It uses tiny crystals or diamond tips to gently remove the outer layer of dead cells and reveal healthy, glowing skin below.
The best part about microdermabrasion is that it doesn’t require any downtime – just leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. You’ll see results after just one session! And because there’s no downtime, you can have treatments done as often as every week.
Microdermabrasion At Home: Here's How to Do It
- Wash and dry your face before you step up for this treatment. If necessary, use a light cleanser to remove any makeup. Do not apply lotion or moisturizer; you want to make sure that your skin is completely clean and free of oil.
- Put on gloves. Microdermabrasion cannot be done without applying the tiny crystals with a machine, so make sure you put on gloves before applying anything to your skin. There are not necessarily any specific brand guidelines at this point.
- Apply an even layer of crystal microdermabrasion gel or diamond tip solution onto your face in upward circular motions with the machine, starting from the neck and moving upward.
- Do the same thing for your neck, but you can also apply additional gel or diamond tip solution to your lower arms for an added boost of exfoliation wherever you need it.
- Make sure that you cover each area twice with a light layer of product before moving on to the next area so that you achieve maximum results.
- Use the machine to gently massage the treated areas of the skin for about 10-15 minutes. You can even move it around in circles on your face, neck, and lower arms if you like. Keep the machine moving so that you don’t overwork any one area of skin!
- After treatment, make sure to rinse your face with warm water and apply moisturizer.
How Microdermabrasion Works
It works by removing the outer layer of skin cells that are dead. The machine has a diamond-tipped tip that gently buffs away any debris on the surface of your skin, which reveals brighter, smoother skin underneath.
You should notice a significant reduction in acne scars, redness, superficial broken capillaries, dull skin, and fine lines.
Crystal vs. Diamond Microdermabrasion
The difference between a crystal and diamond tip microdermabrasion machine is that the crystals are larger than diamonds. It’s also less expensive to do a crystal treatment- just take off the top layer of your skin!
My favorite part about this device is that it comes with four different heads for different purposes, so you can choose from a crystal head, diamond head, a brush to apply chemical peels, and even a skin polisher. 
And the best part about using a microdermabrasion machine at home is that you can use it as often as you’d like. The more often you exfoliate your skin, the better – there’s no such thing as ‘overdoing’ it when it comes to skincare.
Candidates for Microdermabrasion
Since microdermabrasion treatment is non-invasive, it can be used by everyone. It’s a great treatment for people who suffer from acne scars or aging skin problems.
Microdermabrasion is also great for people with sensitive skin since it doesn’t require any downtime! You’ll see glowing results just one session in.
Intervals Between Treatments
To get the best results from microdermabrasion, it’s recommended that you do a treatment every 1-2 weeks.
I usually do mine every week to keep my skin shining and fit from inside. You should never do more than one treatment per day – your skin needs time to recover between sessions!
Best Moisturizer To Use After Microdermabrasion
My favorite moisturizer to use after microdermabrasion contains hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, and an SPF. These ingredients help keep your skin from looking too red or dry from the treatment.
In addition, make sure to always wear sunscreen when you go outside because your skin will be extra sensitive to sun exposure after microdermabrasion.
There are multiple uses for a microdermabrasion machine, which is why it’s important to know how to use one properly.
Now that you know the basics of how this device works, what results you can expect from using it, and when you should schedule your next appointment, you are ready to go forth and exfoliate.
Are At-Home Systems Effective??
Yes, they are. However, while you can get many of the same benefits by using an at-home kit regularly, there is some debate about how much you’ll benefit from a home system compared to a professional treatment done by a licensed esthetician.
Since microdermabrasion machines work by removing the top layer of your skin, I recommend that you do this treatment no more than once per week.
Doing it any more than that can cause too much irritation to the skin and won’t yield better results. If you suffer from acne, whether or not using an at-home microdermabrasion machine is right treatment for you considering your current condition.
For people with mild acne, I recommend using a cleanser that contains salicylic or glycolic acid in addition to microdermabrasion exfoliation once per week to see improvements in your skin.
At-home machines are great for people like me who want to maintain their skin tone and texture with regular treatments but don’t suffer from acne.
Microdermabrasion is a great first-line treatment for many skin problems and it’s also a wonderful maintenance tool for those who want to keep their skin looking its best.
You can see that microdermabrasion is a great way to get a smoother and clearer appearance. It’s also a lot less expensive than going for professional treatments, which are often too harsh on your skin if you’re not used to them.
If you’re ready to take the plunge yourself, I recommend using this machine at home with natural ingredients or following these instructions closely so you know what will happen beforehand.
Table of Contents
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!