3 Easy DIY Peel Off Face Masks for Every Skin Type
Disclaimer: At Pearls And Poodles Blog, our editorial team carefully selects the best products for all your needs. If you make a purchase through links at our blog, we may receive a commission that helps us keep bringing new content like this to you!
We all know that having a good skin care routine is important, but it can be hard to stick with one.
It’s easy to get bored of your skincare products and find yourself switching between brands or neglecting your skin altogether.
These 3 DIY peel-off masks are the perfect solution for any type of skin. They’re quick and easy to make, inexpensive, and they work wonders! The best part? You don’t have to leave them on long enough for them to dry out your skin like most store bought masks do.
You’ll be able to customize it based on your needs too – whether you want something moisturizing or purifying, there’s a recipe here for everyone. Just peel off when you’re ready!
DIY Peel-Off Face Mask for Dry Skin
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and olive oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Apply to your face and wait 15 minutes or until dry.
- Then peel off and rinse off with water. After it has dried, gently peel off starting from the bottom up.
- For best results, do this once a week before going to bed.
DIY Peel-Off Face Mask for Dull Skin
You will need:
- In a small bowl, combine all of your ingredients until they form a paste. If needed, you can add more yogurt or oatmeal to make the mixture thicker and easier to apply.
- If you need a thinner mixture, add more lemon juice. You can also add a little water if the mixture is too thick or hard to mix.
- Apply the mask all over your face and neck, avoiding your eyes and mouth (unless that’s what you’re going for).
- After 10 minutes, remove the mask with a damp washcloth or paper towel. Rinse your face clean of any leftover mixture ingredients and pat dry.
Vegan Rub-Off Face Mask Recipe
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- In a food processor or blender, combine all of your ingredients until you have a smooth cream.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck, concentrating on any dry patches.
- After 10 minutes, gently scrub with cold water and pat dry.
Blends Based on Your Skin-Care Concerns
For Dry Skin: Try an Almond Rose Mask
Why does It work?
Ground almonds make a gentle exfoliator and rose water (which can be found at many health food stores) is an excellent moisturizer.
For Dull Skin: Try an Orange and Yogurt Mas
Why does it work?
The acidity of the orange works to exfoliate while the yogurt will keep your skin hydrated and soft. Why does it work? For Oily Skin: Try a Kombucha Mask
What does it do?
Kombucha is rich in enzymes, amino acids, and probiotics which will help remove dead skin cells and fight acne.
For Acne-Prone Skin: Try a Turmeric and Honey Mask
What does it do?
Turmeric is a natural antibacterial that can help fight acne while honey has natural antimicrobial properties that may prevent breakouts.
Tips Before You Apply a DIY Peel-Off Face Mask
Avoid getting the mixture in your hairline, eyebrows, and eyes. Do not apply if you are pregnant or nursing. Rinse off your skin with cold water immediately if you experience discomfort or irritation while applying the mask.
Do this especially after peeling off the mask to make sure all of the ingredients have been removed from your skin.
To conclude this blog post, I’ve compiled 4 of my favorite DIY peel-off face masks that are perfect for every skin type.
All you need is some household ingredients and a little time to get the most out of your next spa night!
I hope these recipes have made it easier than ever before to take care of yourself while still saving money on expensive products.
If there’s one thing we know about life, it’s that nobody likes spending more money than they have to on beauty-related expenses – so give them a try today!
One of the best parts about these masks is that they can be made at home with ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
And, if you’re looking for a little extra help getting rid of excess oil or other skin conditions, each mask will include an essential ingredient to do just that!
Use them as often as needed and enjoy how fresh and revitalize your skin feels after using one.
Table of Contents
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!