A Guide to Choose Best Tattoo Ink for DIY Tattoos
In today’s generation, where everyone likes to experiment with their looks frequently, dyes play a significant role everywhere in the fashion industry. From the stains that go into your clothes to the colors that you put in your hair, it is essential to choose a good brand.
Top 10 Best Tattoo Inks For Making Your Tattoos
It is incredibly crucial that the inks used for making tattoos are safe for the skin and general health. Here is a list of the best tattoo inks for making tattoos.
1. Pastel Tattoo Ink by Intenze
Intenze is known for being one of the best brands of tattoo ink in the world of professional tattoo-making. The Pastel Tattoo Ink Set comes packed with ten bottles of pastel hues for tattoo inks. Each bottle weighs half an ounce. Intenze is a well-known brand in the world of professional tattoo artists for the range of colors it brings into the platform.
- These tattoo inks last long and are resistant to wearing or fading of color. Intenze makes sure to sell this product with foolproof sterilization, and safety measures are undertaken carefully.
- This hue set makes for an awesome colored tattoo as it comes with bright colors meant for tattoos that catch the eye. More importantly, one should note that the inks used are vegan and meet the standards in the EU and the USA. Pastel Tattoo Ink by Intenze flows smoothly and traps well in the skin.
- The color is meant to stay for years at a stretch, but the colors may be too unique for people who do not like to experiment.
2. Starbrite 7 Colour Starter Set Review
When it comes to beginners in the tattoo industry, this ink is meant to serve them well, for its fundamental properties are one of a kind. The colors in this set do not wash away or fade too quickly.
- The ink is bright, which, as a result, makes the tattoo look shiny and vibrant even from a distance away. The Starbrite 7 Colour Starter Set is an affordable set that is created and verified in the United States of America. This set of inks soaks into the skin quite well. The sterilization process is strict. Thus, one can rest assured that there will be no irritations or allergies from the tattoo ink.
- Starbrite offers free shipping for the orders made by the customers. Consequently, the set of bottles is cheap that most of the tattoo inks in the market.
A total of seven half an ounce bottles make up the entire set. This may not be enough for some people.
3. Starbrite 17 Most Used Colours Kit
Just as we mentioned earlier about the Starbrite 7 Colour Starter Set is the ideal starter kit for beginners, this particular set serves well for people who are transitioning from amateur to intermediate level. One might also want this set of tattoo ink if they wish to more variation in colors due to experimentation in colored tattoos.
- Starbrite 17 Most Used Colours Kit is undoubtedly the most diverse set of tattoo inks in the market. It is the trademark brand of Tommy’s Supplies. Each of the 17 bottles weighs half an ounce and is graded professional level. These tattoo ink obey the FDA regulations and are devoid of iron or nickel. Alternatively, Starbrite also sells neon, glowing colors, which will result in tattoos that glow in the dark.
- Starbrite 17 Most Used Colours Kit would officially be the most intelligent addition to your studio.
They are rather on the expensive end.
4. Intenze Authentic Zuper Black Professional Black Ink
This is one of the most commonly spotted black inks in every tattoo parlor. Intenze also makes a grey wash ink in the same line of tattoo inks.
- When it comes to the Intenze Authentic Zuper Black Professional Black Ink, it is undoubtedly the blackest of all black tattoo inks out there. You can buy this in two variants; a bottle of 1 ounce and a bottle of 12 ounces.
- All Intenze tattoo inks are certified and tested in laboratories such that they do not cause any problems or irritations on any skin type. The Zuper Black ink is known to set very dark and stay for a long time. Good news for vegans, it is not tested on animals at all!
- Explore your artistic excellence in the field of tattoo-making and tattoo art with the Intenze Authentic Zuper Black Professional Black Ink for the best results.
This is one of the most expensive tattoo inks in the market.
5. Kuro Sumi 16 Colour Tattoo Ink Set
Hailing from the land of the rising sun, this tattoo ink is well-known and thoroughly loved by artists far and wide. Kuro Sumi now has manufacturing units in the United States of America for a more excellent distribution all over the world.
- Allow a more excellent range in your collection of tattoo inks with the Kuro Sumi 16 Colour Tattoo Ink Set.
- This set of tattoo ink contains a total of sixteen bottles, with each weighing half an ounce. This professionally graded tattoo ink is sure to make your tattoos look lively with its colors as bright as it is.
- The ink is uniform, consistent, smooth, and runs well into the skin. There is no need to worry about safety standards at all.
However, for people who want to purchase this set, they might find the price to be on the higher end. Nevertheless, it is an investment worth every penny as it is one of the best tattoo inks out there.
6. Kuro Sumi Tattoo Ink Lining and Shading Set
In case you are wondering what the name of this brand means and what significance it holds, Kuro Sumi is the name of a Japanese warrior who had permanent markings on his body, which told him apart from others. The formula behind the tattoo ink has been a secret for ages.
- The Kuro Sumi Tattoo Ink Lining and Shading Set is entirely vegan. As a result, vegans can use this tattoo ink without hesitation. Furthermore, it is safe and chemically tested so that it applies to all skin types.
- Kuro Sumi Tattoo Ink Lining and Shading Set is primarily used to line and shade tattoos. It works as a dark outliner and performs well no matter what the conditions may be. Be a bit careful about tightening the cap on the Kuro Sumi Tattoo Ink Lining and Shading Ink bottles as they fit loose. Nonetheless, it is a top-quality, good tattoo ink that is made with some of the finest ingredients in the world.
- There is not much to dislike about this tattoo ink.
7. Millennium Moms Primary Tattoo Ink Combo Pack of 14 Colours
This is one of the oldest tattoo inks and the best tattoo ink in the professional tattoo art industry. This US-based brand of tattoo inks and industrial tattoo supplies has been making tattoo ink since the 1990s. Currently, they sell around 120 shades of tattoo ink for tattoo artists all over the world. They specialize in the light-sensitive range of black ink and additionally manufacture UV Blacklight colors as well.
- Using the Millenium Moms Primary Tattoo Ink Combo Pack of 14 Colours, tattoo artists get a range of hues to make a tattoo that grabs attention.
- There are three checks that the Millenium Moms Primary Tattoo Ink passes through to ensure safety and a holistic tattoo life. Other than that, pigment life is also long.
- The flow is of this tattoo ink great as it allows a useful tattoo-making experience and sets in deep and bright. Trust Millenium Moms if you are buying ink for your tattoo parlor or personal project.
Manufactured by the tattoo ink giant, there is not much to dislike in this tattoo ink.
8. Bloodline Basic Solid Colour Tattoo Ink
This is the best premium tattoo ink in the tattoo-making industry. Bloodline is a famous brand based out of the United States of America. Established by Mark August Worchell in the year 1995, this brand has lived up to its name to date. Bloodline was initially known as Skin Candy. Bloodline has been successfully making tattoo ink for the entire tattoo industry ever since 1995.
- It is one of the most trustworthy brands as the tattoo inks by Bloodline is resistant to fading and is relatively more durable than other inks. What is even more interesting is that; this brand makes sure to test every single bottle of tattoo ink before it is released for sale into the market.
- The saturation of the dye produced by Bloodline is responsible for keeping the clients happy for a long time.
Keeping the brand value of Bloodline in mind, the Bloodline Basic Solid Colour Tattoo Ink is expensive but worth buying and testing.
9. Millennium Mom’s Nuclear UV Blacklight Tattoo Ink- Set of 9 Colours
We spoke about this particular set of tattoo inks a while back, and now, we have a separate rank for it in our list for all the right reasons. With this particular product, Millenium Moms delves deeper into an area of crazy and wild tattoo styles and inks. This type of tattoo ink allows you to explore your side of crazy.
- This set of 9 colors allows you inks that glow in the dark and under the application of ultraviolet light.
- This quality makes the tattoo as a whole all the more cooler. The Millenium Mom’s Nuclear UV Blacklight Tattoo Ink is made in the United States of America. They are 100% safe to use and thoroughly tested.
- Use these fade-resistant tattoo inks for a wild side of tattoo art.
These bottles are priced high, and there is a hefty shipping charge imposed on them.
10. Millennium Mom’s Black Pearl Outlining Tattoo Ink
Here comes the tattoo ink that leaves every other black ink far behind in the competition. The Millenium Mom’s Black Pearl Outlining Tattoo Ink is one of the best bright black tattoo ink produced by the best tattoo ink brand in the market.
- It is dark, vibrant, and heavily pigmented so that the color does not run in parts. The tattoo ink makes the tattoo resistant to fading and wearing over time. As an outliner ink, this is one of the most sterile inks in the market, which is why professional and experienced tattoo artists swear by this brand without hesitation. To spice things up, this particular ink by this brand is also quite affordable. Thus, rest assured, this product will not burn a hole in your pocket.
- Alternatively, you can also opt for the grey wash hues from Millenium Moms. The color set comes in a gradient that allows cool monocolour tattoos.
Not much to be disappointed with.
Things To Look Before Buying Tattoo Inks
Before buying tattoo ink, there are a few things to keep in mind. It is essential to browse through the characteristics of tattoo inks before you make the purchase. The most important thing is to check for the brand and the product.
It is advisable to buy products that are well-known in the tattoo industry to avoid any problems related to ink. Look for the label and check for the country where the tattoo ink was manufactured. Most of all, the tattoo inks produced in the USA and EU have to pass through strict regulations to be released in the market. Go through the date of the expiry and year of manufacture.
The bottle should also say whether the ink is long-lasting and durable. The ingredients of the ink are essential. Organic colors are relatively safer to work with. Make sure to verify whether the color of a particular brand works well with the color of another brand to avoid skin problems that may arise.
While buying tattoo inks, it is essential to go through all the characteristics of the ink. Tattoo removal is an extremely costly affair, and any error or accident involved in tattoo-making can cause a loss of thousands of dollars. Thus, check with the seller and make sure to purchase products that are from known brands with a trustworthy clientele.
It is the kind of tattoo ink that you use that determines the reputation of your tattoo parlor in the business. More importantly, it is crucial to ensure the customer’s health and well being in the process tattoo-making.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!