Monday, 24 September 2012
September's Glossybox introduces an exclusively designed box by illustrator Maggie Li
Glossybox* - £10 (plus p&p)
You can't deny that Glossybox like to keep you guessing with their special edition boxes every now and again, keeping their service fresh and decidedly colourful. This month, Glossybox have sidestepped their traditional pale pink box and handed complete artistic ownership over to Maggie Li, a london based freelance illustrator who likes to layer textures to create a handcrafted appeal to digital work. Her work is thoughtful and humorous in equal measures and Maggie's design for September's glossybox sees a pastel green background with a bold peachy print, interspersed with flashes of white and cute beauty products dotted around.
The products this month are all about being a rising star in the beauty market, whether it is a new product on the shelves or an old cult-classic facing a resurgence. ie, bestselling Vitamin E cream from The Body Shop. In my box this month there were a mixture of sachets and mini samples along with one full-sized product to keep the customer happy!
1. Lady Gaga, Fame fragrance - this is the first beauty product from Lady Gaga and something tells me it won't be the last! The black liquid is opulent yet the scent is surprisingly girlie and floral - not what I expected from the fame monster herself.
2. Rodial, Glamoxy Snake Serum & 5 Minute Facial - with two sachets of each, these products from Rodial promise to reduce frown lines and wrinkles whilst giving your skin a resurfacing, clay treatment.
3. Balance Me, Wonder Eye Cream - this 99% natural cream is designed to soothe tired eyes and awaken dark circles whilst reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Olay, Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex - another little facial sample, from Olay this time. This relaxing complex helps smooth the look of fine lines, and over time helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
5. L'Oreal Professionnel, Mythic Oil - a full-sized bottle and sample sachets were nestled in this box, giving you the chance to try this new extension to the original range from L'Oreal with the a milk, rich oil and colour glow oil to sample.
I don't think this month's contents quite have the same wow factor as the box's custom design does. I do love the collaboration they did with Maggie Li this month and this box will definitely be one that I keep out on display because one thing that beauty boxes are great for is their storage solutions! If you were lucky enough to reveal the full-sized L'Oreal Mythic Oil in your box (worth £15.95) then I think you will be very happy with this month's box, but if not then rumour has it there was a Maghrabian hair oil featured in the other boxes so that is pretty fab too.
Are you a Glossybox subscriber? What are your thoughts on this special edition box?
written by Milly at 21:12