Carmine Beauty Box*
subscribe to online.
It doesn't seem five minutes ago I was writing my feature on Carmine's January box and feeling a bit miffed about its offerings after their climatic Christmas box. Well I do believe Carmine have truly redeemed themselves with this month's delivery and I was really pleased with the products I unveiled today. I think this just proves how changeable, and subjective, beauty boxes can be. Some months can bit real hits, and other months can be complete misses. Signing up can be a gamble, but that is the nature of beauty boxes, and invariably if there are at least two or three standout products that you are keen to try out - I say it is worth the money. And who doesn't love a surprise parcel popping through your letterbox each month...
1. Andrea Fulerton Nail Varnish (full size) - You will probably recognise celebrity nail technician Andrea Fulerton's nail products from those swirly stands in Superdrug, even if you haven't actually tried them yourself. In this month's box I found a full sized bottle of Andrea Fulerton's nail varnish in the shade Kim, which is a gorgeous dense, browny-red. The professional formula is rich and creamy and finishes opaque with just two coats.
2. White Glo Professional Choice whitening toothpaste - A pleasantly surprising discovery in a beauty box, I was really pleased to find a generous sample of White Glo toothpaste in this month's box. I guess this is a 'nice' safe product that everyone will use and no one can really grumble about. Considering I am always on the campaign for pearly whites, I am looking forward to testing this product out.
3. Diego Dalla Palma lipstick - I am always happy when a lipstick wriggles its way into a beauty box, even if it is on the teeny tiny size. Diego Dalla Palma is one of Italy's top makeup brands which has recently crossed oceans and is making waves here on English soil. Their lipsticks come in a whole host of sophisticated shades, promising rich pigmentation and lasting colour. I received no.47, a pretty coral colour, perfect for a Springtime pout.
4. Steam Cream steam-infused skincare (full size) - The second of three full sized product in this month's Carmine box, Steam Cream is a lightweight, all-in-one moisturiser featuring nourishing oils. I adore the kooky Japanese-designed tins and the fact that this moisturiser can be used head to toe. Steam Cream has been very much hyped in the blogging world over the last year or so, so I am keen to see if it lives up to the rave reviews.
5. Balance Me Rose Otto Moisturising Body Wash (full size) - Full sized sample number three coming right up. The Balance Me Moisturising Body Wash smells amazing - so delicately fragranced with all the blooms of Spring and it will leave your skin velvety soft and smooth. I personally love finding bath products in beauty boxes (just no bath salts please!) and I will enjoy adding this Balance Me Body Wash to my already brimming army of body washes.
6. Yardley London Peony fragrance - Yes, there is a perfume sample in this month's box, but hold onto those toys before slinging them out the pram, as this is a bonus product in addition to the other five fabulous items to be found in this month's box. I am not a fan of perfume samples but I cannot really complain considering this was an extra item...and it does actually smell quite nice.
All in all, a very good box in my opinion. It offers a great range of products, ticking all the right boxes in regards to skincare, makeup and nail products, and delivers us a nice mix of well known brands along with some new names to discover.
What are your thoughts on Carmine's box this month?